garym;624239 Wrote:
> +1 on your points. To clarify on the Vortexbox. It is simply a linux
> based custom system. So it can run on as powerful a computer as one can
> run windows on for sure. It can be installed on a low power computer,
> but it can also be installed on a very high powered computer. This is
> very different, from say a SqueezePlug (sheeva plug low power device).
> My own vortexbox system runs rings around my Win 7 64bit dual core dell
> laptop. (The vortexbox is an atom based device, with 2GB Ram and 6TB of
> disk storage, gigabit ethernet connection, so maybe not as powerful as
> the dell, but it is headless, does only one thing (serve my music), and
> the linux system makes it really fast and stable).

Thank you for the very clear description of exactly what a Vortexbox
is.

So depending the power of the computer or cpu (in the case of lower
processing power device, I'm assuming that by "power" you are referring
to processing, as opposed to electrical, power - and in many cases,
both) on which Vortexbox is installed these Vortexboxes are as capable
of a PC for running SBS.

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2 (oops) -> Touch