Tom186;625569 Wrote:
> It's so easy (and cost free) to try these mods ... is it not a waste of
> breath to speculate about them without giving them a whirl?
Err no. The original advice from Soundcheck was that it was not worth
applying the mods unless you are going wired. This is not in fact a
cost-free exercise if you do not have ethernet cabling installed.
If I have misunderstood I am quite happy to be corrected. Incidentally
I did try converting flac to wav at the server end and can assure you
that i detected no difference. (on the other hand it is predicted that
doing this on wifi will not improve things and may make them worse due
to the heavier traffic load.)I may turn off the analog out though.

--
adamdea