michael123;625882 Wrote:
> I do hear basic things like imaging as you mentioned

The imaging thing is an interesting subject.   Like many, I get to hear
lots of live local music.  Small scale performances.  Some acoustic,
some not.  In almost ALL cases, "imaging" is vague at best, and often
non-existent.  It's really a visual thing, and if you close your eyes
at a concert it can be very difficult to aurally locate one musician
amongst several nearly as accurately as you can with even a modest home
set up.  If amplification/sound reinforcement is involved, then all bets
are off.

"Imaging" is a very cool virtue of home audio, but not entirely
realistic.  A form of hyper-realism.  Leads me to believe that
laser-like targeting of instruments within an acoustic space is largely
an artifact of microphone technique, and studio production.

--
Curt962

Transporter...Touch....Boom......