I've got the rega DAC for 6 weeks now.
a few observations:
- exchanging the stock powercord for a Belden powercord (€30) with
adapter was remarkably beneficial. usually i do not find big
differences when changing the powercords, but the DAC and the Apollo I
had before are exceptions. Perhaps the stockcord is unshielded?
- in my system after a month it really seems to open up some more.
Again remarkable, I usually find components reach their best within a
week.
- I used to prefer filter 5, then 2. But after changing the powercord
and the opening up I find filter 1 the most expressive.

I love this DAC; since I went squeezebox 2.5 years ago I sold my Apollo
and have missed it ever since. Since then I had in my system the Meier
Stagedac, the MHDT Havana, the Audio GD Ref 5 DSP and the Touch's
analogue outs ; all had their strenghts and weaknesses, but the rega
DAC beats them all with its seemingly effordless natural sounding
musicality.
Like a friend of mine who isn't into audio said: the others all sounded
square and flat, this one sounds round and deep.

--
Dura