Hi everybody,

here comes my (I guess final) word on my series of comparisons. The
Teddy Pardo PSU has in fact changed over the last 10 days, it appears
that the sound has become somewhat fuller and richer and possibly
clearer. Not a big change, but anyway, it was important to not evaluate
this thing right out of the box.

Result:

One can imagine that, in some systems, the TP PSU beats my current
setup (the one with the 55-Euro- switching supply and the S-Booster,
see above). The TP PSU provides better clarity overall, and deeper bass
extension.

I did, however, miss a certain musicality. Everything is a little edgy,
the midrange is washed-out when compared even to the stock power
adapter. Again, this may be particular to my system, although I do not
experience the same issue with other sources (Arcam CD player, or Mac
Pro with Amarra into my rDAC, are both non-edgy and well balanced).
I'll mull this over for another day or so, but the TP PSU is probably
going back, and my "DIY" adapter stays.

In the process of trying out all possible combinations, I also tried
the S-Booster between the Teddy Pardo PSU and my SBT. It changed the
sound by a tiny little bit. Rolled-off highs, and a reduction in
overall dynamics. This may be welcome in some systems, but the
magnitude of the change is nothing to write home about. YMMV.

Good luck everybody,

Thomas

--
Tom186