adamdea;627683 Wrote:
> Well done. I would probably try to follow your example but i am hung up
> on the thought that surely MF will incorporate the V link sooner or
> later.
> As regards modifying the Touch I had it done by Fidelity audio who
> changed the clock but not the switchmode regulators as Audiocom do. Of
> course once you've done that it may become tempting to try the linear
> psu and....

If MF were to fit a high-quality async USB connection to the M1, I
could dispense with the Touch all together and drive the USB DAC
directly from my PC (via a USB galvanic isolator).
Actually I wouldn't dispense with the Touch, I'd keep it as a synced
display of artwork etc. As it wouldn't have any audio connections, it
can sit next to my couch and be connected by wi-fi. I might even use
the touchscreen!

In fact, this is starting to look like a very attractive proposition.
I think I'll start  a new thread...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.