Recently I've been investigating RFI/EMI around my system. This followed
a complete re-wiring that I completed after I had a new floor laid in
the lounge and had to dismantle everything. My system is pretty complex
- 30 mains/power cables!

Anyway, most of my system has shielded (or twisted) mains IEC leads.
However, three items didn't:

1) LCD TV (basically a computer)
2) Blu-ray player (basically a computer)
3) SKY HD box (basically a computer).

I replaced the leads with shielded ones - the Sky and Blu-ray needed
Telefunken-IED adaptors, which I got from Russ Andrews. The cables were
not exotic but were well made and very reasonably priced from eBAY.

Even though two of the three items are in standby mode (the SKY box is
nearly always active!) when listening to music, there is still some
detectable RFI coming from their normal mains leads - this has now been
pretty much eliminated.

I have an Elfix detector that can pick up RFI (although it is rather
crude - but effective).

Early listening tests indicate a very slightly more "relaxed" sound.
Certainly worth investigating as a low cost "tweak".
To be clear I don't believe this has anything to do with the cables
themselves, but in the general reduction in RF around/near the system
which MAY be affecting the amps, DAC or even Touch.

I also relocated the base station for my wireless phone to the opposite
end of the house at the same time.

Next step is to examine the various cheap and nasty SMPS's that I have
nearby which supply:
1) wireless router
2) LCD photoframe
3) external USB drive
4) USB hub

I have attached ferrite clamps to all DC leads from these already.

However, I see that locating any kind of linear DC supplies is getting
harder - especially for the 1 amp+ variety !

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.