PasTim;630098 Wrote:
> A basic scan takes several minutes for my ~14,000 tracks.  Custom scan
> takes a further 1 to 2 hours to load non-standard tags.  If SB server
> scans every time it starts up I'll miss my own funeral waiting for the
> music to start.  I am one of those strange people who turns their PC
> off at night, and doesn't run SB all the time.

SBS 7.6 does not automatically run a scan each time that it starts up.
It will run a scan just after it has been installed...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.