Phil Leigh;631775 Wrote:
> On MP3, you do need to install lame.exe yourself, otherwise this won't
> work and the option will be greyed-out (lame is not installed with SBS
> for licensing reasons). Just download lame.exe and put it in the same
> folder as flac.exe, sox.exe and inguzdsp.exe.
>
> If you attach a new player (of any sort), plugin.pm will generate extra
> lines for the new player... it only does this once when the new device
> is first attached. This is exactly why I told you to modify BOTH
> plugin.pm and custom-convert.conf.
>

> If I'm understanding you correctly, 24-bit flac plays fine, but 16-bit
> doesn't?
>
> That just seems bizarre to me. Never seen anything even remotely like
> that.
>
> One remote possibility is that you have an old version of sox.exe.
> What version of SBS are you running?
>
> Anyway, I'll wait for the logs to reveal something...
Yes exactly: 24 bit flac plays, 16 bit doesn't. Frightened the hell out
of me which is why I changed it back. if we take it in stages shall i
change plugin.pm first and keep convert.conf the same, or vice versa,
or change both.
I am running 7.5.4. if it works for you but not for me then i wonder if
there is some difference in win 7.
I will have a go with lame

--
adamdea