I've got a similar front end as you...Touch & Rega DAC.  Just this
afternoon, I received an LFD LE IV amplifier.  It's a little over your
price range but not by much.  I've had it running for just a couple
hours and already I can say that it's magic....absolutely no comparison
to the Marantz I was using.  It's woken up my system in a remarkable way
and it's not even burned in, yet.  If you can audition one somehow, run
(really, really fast!), don't walk, to give it a try.

Having said that, you've got to be able to live with a minimalist
approach to the "bells and whistles" in return for stunning sound.
There's no remote, and no tone or balance controls----just a flat-out
gorgeous musical output.  They're hand-made in England one at a time by
the designer/engineer.  The front panel as an on/off toggle switch, a
lovely feeling volume control, source switching knob, a very small blue
LED, and knob to control tape input/monitoring if one were to so desire.
That's it...

If you're in the US, there is both an East Coast (Fidelis in N.H.) and
West Coast (Gene Rubin Audio) distributor.  Give one of them a call and
have a chat....I also looked at Primare, NAD, and Luxman but the sheer
musicality of the LFM has me quite dumbstruck at the moment.

You can read some stuff about it in Sterophile and a few other places.
Don't bother to look for specs on it, the company doesn't believe in
that sort of marketing.  The manual is one photocopied page....actually
a bit refreshing.  If you have any specific questions feel free to PM
me.

--
rgro

Rick

System information
Main: PS Audio Quintet > Vortexbox > Touch (wired) via spdif coax >
Rega DAC > Marantz PM8003 > VA Mozart Grands > REL Acoustics R305.

Home Theatre:  SBR (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic
5.1.

SBS 7.5.4 r32298 running on a Vortexbox Appliance, V 1.9.  Touch
w/Hardware V.5.  Touch: FW 7.5.4 r9408.  Duet: FW 68.