JohnSwenson;636378 Wrote:
> Of course there are no standards for any of this so one would have to be
> devised and then software and hardware written to support it.
>
> It COULD work but would take a lot of effort and would probably need
> some very enthusiastic group of people to push it through and probably
> provide the funds to implement things.
>
> Any of you that want this so much willing to take it on?

In my case it's less a question of whether or not I'd be willing than
whether or not I'd be able.  It would be completely over my head.

Really, I'm just dreaming about what (if anything) Logitech releases
for its next generation product.  It would be nice to have support for
anything we're able to rip from a disc.

I can currently play 5.1 DVD back from my computer into my receiver via
HDMI, but it seems that sometimes it works and sometimes it stutters.
Something as rock-solid as a Squeezebox would be most welcome, partly
for the reliability and partly for the ability to maintain a single
library with both standard and multichannel music.

--
atrocity