adamdea;638174 Wrote:
> Don't knock it Rodney. On a certain hifi forum (probably more than one)
> there are many people who swear blind that  CD players sound better as
> a transport into a DAC than any digital streaming device (and get quite
> shirty if you question this belief.)
> We should celebrate any posting on an audiophile forum of a subjective
> result which makes sense

While I don't question the truth of your statement regarding
audiophiles and streamed vs. CD playback I do wonder how much their
belief in the superiority of CD playback is based on the brand names of
the devices being tested. In other words, would a digital audio file
being streamed via a $20,000 Linn Klimax DS still be inferior to a CD
transport? From an audiophile standpoint a $10,000 CD transport or
player HAS to "sound better" than a $300 SB Touch, even if there is
absolutely no difference. For an example of what I mean check out the
Stereophile review of the Brston BDP-1 where no meaningful comparisons
were made with/to any other digital streaming devices, including the
lowly $300 SBT.

http://forum.stereophile.com/content/bryston-bdp-1-digital-audio-player

After you've read through that almost useless review check out the
comments posted on the Stereophile forum. On that forum my user name is
"jazzfan".

http://forum.stereophile.com/content/brystin-bdp-1-review

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2 (oops) -> Touch