esbrewer;639190 Wrote:
> The MMGs would be high on my list if not for 3.5 year old child and
> bullmastiff.  The bookshelf location offers protection and is easier on
> the eyes.  I agree that they are reasonably attractive, but are
> certainly not going to disappear to some degree in the room.  Really
> looking to stay with a monitor 12" high max.

The Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M are the best-sounding small speakers
I have ever heard. They work best on stands and not on a bookshelf,
however. Also, they are fairly expensive and may be out of your price
range.

http://www.sumikoaudio.net/sonus/prod_cremonaauditor_m.htm
http://www.whathifi.com/review/sonus-faber-cremona-auditor-m

--