Kevin Haskins;641633 Wrote:
> I don't like it because the output of the midwoofer will modulate the
> tweeter's output with stroke.   You have to limit the midwoofer to
> around 500Hz & up because otherwise you have a moving horn on a fixed
> source which spells certain response problems.
>
> It is a good solution for a 3-way but the only way to make it work well
> with a 2-way design is to build the horn as a fixed design element, use
> a really large VC and pole, and perhaps overlap the midwoofer some so
> that the tweeter doesn't "see" the midwoofer movement.
The Seas coax's tweeter does have a bit of a flared throat on it that
partially overlaps the midwoofer. Perhaps the movement of the midwoofer
cone would be an issue at really high excursions, but at normal
listening volumes, I did not notice any response problems, even when
running it full range (i.e. without a subwoofer taking on the bass).
And of course any non-coaxial design has inherent problems of its own.
However, I'm not a professional speaker designer, so I defer to your
expertise.

--
TiredLegs