PasTim;641981 Wrote:
> Sorry.  Head bashed against wall.  No clearer.
>
> I see from your results that 96.96, unmodified, is greater than 84.49
> modified.  So a Touch with no changes has a greater similarity with the
> original.  Which is not what I understand from your description.
>
> I know roughly what a dB is, and can fully understand that 0dB
> similarity is a disaster and -144 is great.  The question must be "how
> does dB similarity relate to the scores quoted"?  I can't find an
> answer on the ADM site or in their main document on the topic.  Am I
> really being that daft?

yes :-)

You are completely misinterpreting the results. The tests show that as
mods are stacked up, the numbers get smaller ie the differences get
bigger. IF the mods were having no effect the numbers would not get
smaller. You can see that some mods have very little effect... others
have a bigger impact.

In the first test (96.6) the unmodded Touch COMPARED AGAINST ITSELF
establishes the baseline - obviously one would expect virtually no
difference and that's what you get. As mods are made the numbers get
smaller because the differences get bigger. Conclusion: (some of) the
mods impact the sound.

I really can't put it any more clearly :-)

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.