I think this has been answered before. But I haven't been able to find
it in the forums.

Does the Touch handle volume control better/differently than the
Receiver? (Is there less resolution loss at low volumes?)

I use a small digital amp in my kitchen (TinyAmp S30) which depends on
the volume control of the Squeezebox unit.
Sound is reasonable at high volumes (70+). But for day-to-day listening
we often use a volume range between 1 and 15.
You can probably imagine what this does to the sound, which becomes
quite "flat" and "gray" :)

Thus I'm wondering if a Touch could save the day?
Does it fare better at low volumes? Or is its volume control in the
digital domain handled similarly to the Receiver?

Thanks in advance!

/Martin

--
martinh

Best regards
Martin

CURRENT EQUIPMENT:
- Squeezebox Duet / Windows-based Squeezebox Server
- Cambridge DacMagic D/A converter
- Tara Labs Master G2 RCA interconnects
- Atoll IN100 Integrated Amplifier
- Argento copper speaker cables