This discussion reminded me of a Dan Lavry technical paper I read a few
years back where he discussed the pointlessness of chasing high sample
rates in audio. Speed was always traded against accuracy so as one
pursued bandwidth for the sake of a super-high frequency cutoff, signal
accuracy was lost.

One can argue where the best point of balance resides, but it seems
many still fall for the old "if some is good then more MUST be better"
fallacy.

My opinion is that I'd rather see more effort put into producing
quality recordings with current technology versus chasing numbers.

--
mlsstl