Wombat;657038 Wrote:

> One more hint is not to rely on the waveform pictures some use to
> compare whether the music is compressed. The HF garbage in the DSD
> music washes out these peaks visualy. So only compare that if you do a
> lowpass at around the frequency the material you compare it with ends.

Agree with your comments Wombat.  It's this HF DSD garbage that makes
it really hard to tell if what I'm seeing in some of these rips is just
16/44 converted to DSD.  At least in the DVD-A world we could easily see
the truncation clearly for upsampled material.

I for one am thankful that the digital SACD rips are available now so I
can finally get backups of my old SACD's collected since 2001 and play
them back more conveniently on the Transporter at 24/88...

--
Archimago