pippin;661223 Wrote:
> One of these things with iTunes is that if you've got a library that is
> to large to permanently keep on your main machine it's absolutely
> tedious to organize stuff.
>
> My "main machine" is a MacBook Pro which only has a 500GB HD (that was
> the biggest one available a year ago) and I do need quite a bit of
> space for other stuff than music.
> So I tend to keep only a subset of my music on that machine and
> managing this is almost impossible with iTunes if you don't want to
> make it your day's job. So my iTunes library is now full of dead
> references which in turn means I really can't use it as a player and
> even uploading music onto my iThingies doesn't always work.

I'm not sure what key works on a Mac, but if you hold the shift key
when you start iTunes in winders, you get a dialog box that lets you
create a new library. iTunes then has to go through it's scan process
and you have to reselect get artwork but it does give you an easy way
to cleanup the data. Then you can just throw away the other account
<directory.>

The other thing that can be annoying about iTunes is that it identifies
a crap-load of albums as Compilations when they really are not <in my
mind.>

pski

real stereo doesn't just wake the neighbors, it -enrages- them.. It is
truly the Golden Age of Wireless