This thread has become tainted with an "analogue=better" mantra/line of
thinking. The reality - shocking though it may be - is that analogue is
not "better" (in any objective sense) than correctly engineered digital.
In fact the opposite is true. Some people might prefer certain
peculiarities of analogue but this has nothing to do with "better". I
myself used to be fond of my LP12...

When Chris (for whom I have great respect) said it sounded more
analogue, I immediately formed a mental image of how it sounded...
smoother, more relaxed/at ease, less "edgy"... but that's only because
when people say "analogue" that's what they most often mean (if they
mean anything at all).

It's an unfortunate turn of phrase because "more analogue" strictly
speaking also means noisier, less dynamic, less pitch-stable, more
distorted etc etc...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1
DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's,
ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus
Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.