pkfox;666112 Wrote:
> Hi there, normally my Transporter and NAS are plugged into my router but
> this is not possible at the moment - what I'm trying to do is , connect
> my Transporter via cable directly to the NAS and connect the
> Transporter to the router via Wi-fi ( I can't connect them both to the
> router yet because of cabling issues )
>
> Cheers

Nope, this can't work (at least not in any straightforward way I know
about). Both the TP and the NAS need to be talking to the same network.
Why not move the NAS next to the router, then connect the Transporter to
the router via WIFI. You'd only have one wifi hop with this, and if the
wifi is OK, this will work just fine, and certainly until you can
arrange cable, powerplugs, etc.

--
garym

Location 1: Vortexbox Appliance 6TB (1.10) > SbS 7.6.2 > Transporter,
Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
Location 2: Win7(64) laptop > SbS 7.6.2 > Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio and laptop)
Retired: SB3, Duet Receiver
Controlled at both locations with: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD &
SqueezePad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.6 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Additional Tagging - mp3tag