I've been a proud owner of two ESL 57 and a 303. Recently, for the
living room I've invested in a Denon AVR and two B&W CM8 a CM Center
and two CM1's.
How is it that the two speakers older than I am don't stop to amaze me.
Currently listening to Peter Gabriel's Half Blood (Flac 24/48 download
from B&W Society of Sound). So rich in depth and transparency. So easy
on the ears. A great recording. And btw the Quad's are connected to a
classic Squeezebox, whereas the AV system is sporting the Touch.

It really seems that the extra bits only matter when the analog part
works its wonders.

oh, the Squeezebox Classis reached eol. Pity. I could read its display
from great distance.

--
th00ht

Ripping: 'EAC (free and great)' (http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/),
Tagging: 'Tag&Rename (not free but the best)'
(http://www.softpointer.com/)
Squeezebox Server 7.6.1 / Arch64
Squeezebox Classic, Quad 303 (where can I get new caps?) + two Quad ESL
63
Squeezebox Touch, Denon AVR 1912 (Pure Direct) + two B&W CM8
'last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/th00ht)
'SoS'
(http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Society_of_Sound/Society_of_Sound/Music/download-manager.html)