Hi Soundcheck,
on the USB front I have been working on a udev setup that consistantly
numbers all devices. Its going to need something in rcS or rcS.local
and since you are using that I would like to get it integrated in with
yours so they are not fighting each other.

A while back rgo posted a udev script which always numbered the USB dac
card3, but unfortunately the other devices were frequently also
renumbered. I know have a udev setup that always numbers the USB dac as
card5 and all the other devices (analog, digital and effects) always
have their normnal numbers no matter what. Its working great now for
booting with the USB dac plugged in, but hot plugging is not working
yet, I need a little more time for that.

It would also be cool to put in a system that could automatically
choose different alsa setups depending on what is plugged in, but that
is probably a next generation enhancement.

On the USB dac fron in general I still have not got it completely
figured out, I'm still getting ocassional xruns no matter what I do.
I'm starting to belive its down inside the low level USB driver, but
I'm not sure about that.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson