After few days of testing i am convinced, that TT 3.0 sounds much better
than TT 2.0 + dynaudio priority mods.

The sound has more space, details, blackness between sound, 3d imaging
and for me the most visible change is more live, PRAT or whatever you
call it.

Maybe soundcheck like the Naim Audio sound approach and tuned SBT in
this direction ?

I have SBT with 7.7 nightly, Teddy Pardo diy ps, Buffalo II DAC. SBT is
connected with ethernet to a small Cisco switch dedicated only to
SBS-SBT connection. SBS runs on a fast dual core Lenovo notebook with
W7, SSD for OS and second 2GB USB HD for waves (yes - waves). I
converted all my 30.000 files with dbPoweramp to waves. One can convert
all flacs into waves with dbpoweramp in batch mode without loosing the
tags :)

Running with buffer=3400 and without xruns even when playing 24/96
waves.

Checked different priorities of spdif, and the impact is not so big as
in TT 2.0. With higher values (50-55) there was IMHO little more
details and space, but the sound was leaner with less bass, so i just
set spdif priority to 41 instead of 40 to have my peace of mind knowing
that spdif has liitle higher priority than many other processes with 40
... ;)

To change the priority of spdif process, you just have to edit the
/usr/bin/tt file, find the line number 226 and change the value

of PRIOIRQ47=40 to PRIOIRQ47=XX, wher XX is the value you like most.

The setting will be set after the next reboot.

If you want to set the value "on the fly", which is very comfortable
for tests, than just login on your SBT and make:

chrt -f -p XX 367

367 is the PID of spdif process (at least on 7.5, 7.6 and 7.7 version)

XX is your new value (40 is a standard, you can try between 41 and ?)

With TT 2.0 some people settled with someting between 45 and 55.

The change is done immediately.

Thanks to soundcheck for his wonderfull work, a small paypal donation
is on the way :)

It seems that streaming&digital music reproduction is a great Pandora
box with a lot of surprises...

Maybe the next version of SBT will have a dual core ARM CPU, it will
probably have a positive impact on the sound quality:)

--
praganj