Mr Bellow;668128 Wrote:
> After some days of listening with various TT3.0 configurations I believe
> that the *sound is more defined and detailed than TT2.0 but this has a
> price : everything is much more "digital" (I mean more artificial)
> especially the voices and , in some way, all the instruments situated
> in the middle frequencies.With a lack of depth and substance in the
> middle frequencies you perceive too much the high frequencies and this
> is the reason why everything seems so artificial.*
> You can minimize this only if EVERY TT3.0 option is turned on.I mean
> even screen off (tt -d) and InfraRed off( tt -ir)(so you need and
> iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch or a PC to control your SBT ) , I mean even
> Vollock (tt -v) and the daemon killer mod (tt -k).In this situation
> (every TT3.0 Option turned on) and with a buffer size of 4.000 us (the
> only modification I made from the default values) the sound in my
> system is defined and detailed and enough natural. Overall better than
> TT2.0.
> In my System (mainly a naim system : Netgear Ultra Pro Nas
> ->Touch->Naim DAC with Teddy Pardo XPS Power SupplY->Naim Pre with Naim
> Power Supply->Two mono 135 naim amps -> Jean Marie Reynaud Studio 3
> Speakers ) the squeezeebox server software doesn't make the difference
> : the sound is almost the same with 7.6.1 , with 7.6.2 ,with 7.7.0 and
> with the new 7.7.1.

These were my observations as well (as well as my wife's).  Might be
due to limitations of my system.  I can't believe how "high-end"
everyone else's system is around here.  You must all be part of the
"1%".  LOL.

--
Howard Turkster

*Soft mods*: SC TT 2.0 (minus buffer and screen mods) + Dynaudio's mods
*Components*: Squeezebox Touch - Rega Mira 3 - Boston Acoustics VR2s -
Rel T2 sub, D-Link hub between touch and server
*Cables*: VH Audio Spectrum (Cu) interconnects, Chord Rumour speaker
wire, custom neutrik speakon cable (sub)
*Power*: Touch stock power supply with SBooster filter
VH Audio Flavor 4 power cable x2 (amp and sub)
stock DLink power supply
Porter A/C Ports
*Server*: Squeezebox server on Windows 7, Core2duo