Cut-Throat;668329 Wrote:
> I have got an Internet Radio Station that now plays like Chipmunks since
> installing TT 3.0 ----- Not all stations however. Is there anything I
> can do to correct this?
>
> Thanks

A known issue aka the chipmonk problem.  This only happens with low bit
rate radio stations.

Per the TT3.0 "Manual" (see, in particular, the "NOTE":

d. OUTPUT ROUTING

By default all outputs run in parallel. With this modification you will
disable either the analog or the digital output.

And you'll turn off the Alsa "plugin" output mode - which is the 2nd
best choice in terms of SQ..

With this mod we go straight to the "hardware=hw".

And for the Linux experts: With TT30 we even got rid of asound.conf

You'll also be able to define a single output for a 24bit USB DAC.

NOTE: There are radio stations sampled with less than 44.1khz. Those
radio
stations will cause the so called "Chipmunk" effect.
At this point you need to set your priorities!!! If those
radio stations are
important to you, you need to skip this modification.

By now you should know the game how to access the Touch. On the
command-line you enter:

1. for activating the digital output only, type:

tt -o 0

2. for analog out only

tt -o 1

--
rgro

Rg

System information
Main: PS Audio Quintet > Vortexbox > Touch (wired) via optical > Rega
DAC > LFD LE IV amp > VA Mozart Grands > REL Acoustics R305.

Home Theatre:  Duet/SBR (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5
Classic 5.1.

SBS 7.7.0 r33626 running on a Vortexbox Appliance, V 1.9.  Touch
w/Hardware V.5.  Touch: FW 7.7.0 r9550.  Duet: FW 7.7.0 r9546.