When I was growing up.  He was very underground in the Tampa area.  He
received very little air time on 98Rock. When he came in concert it was
a very small venue in a small town about an hour from Tampa (which at
the time was very small in itself).  He was touted to have a similar
Hendrix sound and the similar guitar style was very evident.  I wound
up seeing him twice second time years later with several other bands.

--
artintampa