^ Yes, the choke is part of the filter before regulation.

I left room in my box for the choke, but haven't found a good source to
get one yet (odd when you consider they're made here, but by no means
unusual for Canadian-made products in Canada). Sometimes digi-key
(popular here) will get unlisted products from brands they already
carry for a reasonable price, but I haven't asked about this one.

You could always add the choke to any existing PS, all you need is two
wires going in/out of the PS box, one to and one from it. Best to put
the choke in another small metal box too, not that it's dangerous, but
for all the other reasons... A bit messy, including cutting the C(L)C
filter in the right place etc., but easily doable without breaking the
brain, that's for sure. Assume any PS warranty would be shot.

As mentioned, just about no consumer PS has an equivalent choke in
there, including extremely expensive audio gear. It's not like you
absolutely need it. It is a refinement. I would not discount an
otherwise good candidate PS because it doesn't have that choke.

--
cfraser