O.K....so I got too curious and gave SBGK's tweaks a shot last night and
listened for several hours.  My initial impression was that the music
was very smooooooooth but, in fact, had an overall muffled quality to
it.

So before I went back to the orginial TT 3.0 prio settings I added
those last two lines from today's SBGK post.  And that definitely
brought the sparkle back to the music.  As of now, this is good enough
that I'm inclined to leave these mods in.  Will give it few more days,
but I doubt they'll come out.

Thanks, SBGK, for all your efforts...

--
rgro

Rg

System information
Main: PS Audio Quintet > Vortexbox > Touch (wired) via optical > Rega
DAC > LFD LE IV Signature amp > VA Mozart Grands > REL Acoustics R305.

Home Theatre:  Duet/SBR (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5
Classic 5.1.

SBS 7.7.1 r33751 on a Vortexbox Appliance, V 2.0.  Touch w/Hardware
V.5.  Touch: FW 7.7.1 r9558.  Duet: FW 7.7.1 r9557.