jean2;678797 Wrote:
> My wife also wanted to keep the radio and the CD player. I went cold
> turkey, and I connected the SB-Touch only, the old radio and CD are no
> longer active. The trick was to make sure all CDs are available on the
> Touch and easy to find. The SB-Touch will most likely provide all local
> radio stations. After getting familiar with the SB-Touch, my wife never
> asked back for the radio or CD player, and welcomed the addition of a
> SB-Radio.
All our partners are different, so when the OP emphasizes -"A
requirement from my SO. Need a CD player."- I take that as
non-negotiable, at least until the SO gets won over by the SB.

In my family we did away with the tuner and kept the CD player on the
main system. My wife has grown to like the SB ecosystem, but I do hear
"Why can't I just play FM radio?" when our local public radio station's
stream has problems. The CD player only gets used if a friend comes over
with a CD, or for one of my wife's exercise CDs (I've offered to put
them on the server, but she'd rather not for some reason).

--
aubuti