NoRoDa;680419 Wrote:
> I made the decision to convert in SBT due to the fact that I want to
> keep my 176Hz and 192Hz as they are. If not, I would have to convert
> them to 96Hz.
>
> I believe they guys enjoying the 45 and 50 enjoy it due to tha fact it
> sounds sweet and they are able to crank the volume up way high without
> the sound getting hard.

I tried that, but the reduction in resolution made me limit to 24/96
wav files served to sbt as pcm. from what I have read people can't
really hear any difference between 96 and above and also most
electronics are tuned for 96 hz. Also think you are missing quite a bit
of audio quality by having sbt convert the flac/wav to pcm.

dbpoweramp reference is quite cheap. although I try to buy 24/96 over
anything above.

cheers

--
SBGK