SBGK;683123 Wrote:
> and some people want to influence others by decrying the efforts of
> others without any positive contribution of their own, is that a power
> trip thing ? it's not an audio thing because some discoveries have been
> made along the way and it's a free hobby, why pontificate over that ?

This is the kind of reasoning which has turned this forum into bedlam
recently. It even seems as though MCR is not the craziest solipsist in
town.

It cannot be correct that the only valid contributions are statements
of belief in the latest DIY foo. In fact it does tend in that way
because most people have better things to do with their time than
interrupt other peoples conversations, however weird they may seem. But
it it necessary in the name of balance for it to be pointed out that not
only does it seem technically unlikely that tinkering makes a positive
difference, but that many people have tried it and concluded that there
was no difference.

Otherwise newcomers to the forum might be under the impression that
there was a consensus or even universal view amongst users that the SBT
doesn't really work until all the settings have been comprehensively
tweaked.

As it is I am quite sure that many people do, quite incorrectly but
equally understandably, get that impression.

--
adamdea