ralphpnj;683689 Wrote:
> A better question would be exactly what does TAS have to gain by
> publishing such garbage? While one can at least the merits of various
> analog based audio myths, such as expensive cables, there is absolutely
> no basis for the drivel this series is spewing. In the discussion of
> this series on the TAS forum someone mentioned that Stereophile
> rejected this series when the authors submitted it for possible
> publication. At least Stereophile has some standards (although they
> still promote and recommend over priced USB and HDMI cables).

I did read on several forums already people finaly feel understood and
post like "I knew it all the time!"
So TAS only tests out the new breed of customers that buy into such
things. These customers now may buy such publications to know how their
software sounds. They test software updates in future and not gear.
Some years back our governments should have established entrance exams
for the internet use. It is to late now...

--
Wombat

Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA
monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers