dasmueller;683794 Wrote:
> And the law of diminishing returns which would only apply to certain
> aspects of audiophilia. One could argue that a $2k spkr system would
> likely yield a better sound than a $400 system.  However going from a
> $5 cable or speaker wire to a $100 cable/wire might yield less
> improvement or none at all.

That goes for speakers amd amps this is normal.
But when it gets really expensive then that other that veblen kicks in,
it can get so absurd that actually raising the price on luxury items
sells more of them , as they now are even more exlusive .

Thats why If I wanted to shop for a good power amp I would look at
Bryston but not Krell .
I would not like hifi priced as exclusive watches when the needed
functionality is avaible for a fraction

But an usb cable once its , usb2 certified what more can you have ?
After a few squids the price/performance is completely disconected.
I'll bet that some of the voodo cables actually perform worse than a
correctly made usb2 certified cable.

Of course , a kimber silver usb cable :) drivel.

Another analog myth transfered to digital, that different metals sounds
different .

Those super expensive cables are just pretty audio jewelry to dress up
your hifi in, why are they always pretty and comes in exlusive boxes
etc ;)

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )