Jeff Flowerday;683988 Wrote:
> TT 3.0 with default TT 3.0 process priorities does come across that way
> to quite a few listeners, including myself.  I found that I like TT 3.0
> with all it's mods enable including a low buffer setting.  But, with the
> stock Logitech process priorities.
>
> They can be found here, I think you'll find that putting these
> priorities in might give you want you want more than playing with the
> buffer size.
>
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=680933&postcount=885
>
> You can just change the values in the /usr/bin/tt file save it and
> reboot your touch.  The stock Logitech priorities are on the right, TT
> 3.0 priorites on the left if you want to go back and forth.
>
> Find which you like better than play with the buffer value.

+1.

After much experimentation, that has been what has worked for me.
Eventually, I settled on buffer at 4,000, but the difference with
20,000 is not significant in my setup.

Guido F.

--
guidof

MUSIC ROOM:
Marantz TT 15S1 Turntable, Virtuoso Wood Cartridge->Conrad Johnson
Motif preamp
Oppo BDP-83 Universal Player->Cambridge Azur 840C DAC
Vortexbox Appliance->WiFi Bridge->Squeezebox Touch->Toslink->Cambridge
Azur 840C DAC->Adcom GFP-750 preamp->Music Reference RM-200 Mk II amp
-> Martin Logan SL3s
DSpeaker Antimode 8033->REL T1 Sub
BEDROOM:
Squeezebox Touch (analog out)->Little Dot Mk III amp->AKG K701
headphones
SECOND BEDROOM:
Squeezebox Touch->Grado SR125 headphones