Plank;685383 Wrote:
> Forgive me for a newbie question.  I am addicted to internet radio (Live
> 365 etc.) but the sound quality (low bit rates) is not always the
> greatest.  I have a Squeezebox touch connected to an old Yamaha
> receiver.  Is there any box or something that I can add to make
> internet radio sound better?  Kind of like a DVD players up-samples HD.
> I see some newer receivers have "compressed music enhancers" but I
> didn't know if it works with internet radio streaming. Thanks in
> advance.

In my experience, unfortunately not. I have a more recent Yamaha
receiver which includes such an "enhancer" which just makes low
bit-rate broadcasts sound more unnatural, sort of phasey. The only
answer is to listen on a less resolving system (stand alone internet
radio or PC, for example). Or find a higher quality stream - for some
stations, a choice exists.

--
darrell