garym;685437 Wrote:
> Thanks evdplancke for this example. This sort of thing (a test, even if
> not perfect) is all I've ever wanted folks to try. Don't get me wrong
> either, I'm not "happy" because you found little or no significant
> difference (although not surprised, given the use of a good DAC). I
> really, really don't care what people prefer to listen to or how they
> want to modify things). I've only ever wanted to hear reports of
> *comparisons*. A double blind test is better, but even what you've done
> is way better than the 100s of posts saying, "I've made this change and
> the difference is staggering" without even an attempt at reasonable
> comparisons.
>
> Thanks again.

You're welcome!

The challenge is to objectivate what's by essence subjective... now
I've found some evidence of the force of self persuasion in the
perception of sound quality.

Would be interesting to start another thread on sharing best practices
on critical listening and testing methodology.

--
evdplancke