magiccarpetride;685882 Wrote:
> On the topic of CDs and streaming: yeah, it's a good idea to keep all
> your CDs stored away, in case of emergency. But then again, if indeed
> there comes a time when we cannot read our FLACs, WAVs, AIFFs (due to
> the unexpected evolution/revolution of the devices capable of reading
> these formats), how do we know that we'll still have devices capable of
> reading CDs?

It is extraordinarily unlikely that the capability to read either CDs
or play any format of audio file will simply disappear.

Look at all prior formats. It's not a problem to find equipment to play
78s or even Edison rolls.

Now you may not have the convenience of strolling into Best Buy and
have a choice of a hundred different new players to choose from, but
the thought of digital music becoming unplayable in my lifetime just
isn't a concern.

--
mlsstl