darrell;685968 Wrote:
> No, a blind test will establish whether you *really* hear a difference
> between different power cords - you may have fallen victim to the
> placebo effect, or some variant thereof. Of course, if you are able to
> distinguish between them under blind conditions, you can then decide
> which you prefer at your leisure.

But you miss my point. I am not a machine, and to me 'objective'
measurements mean dick. Placebo is what I'm after. Let me put it this
way: suppose I'm in pain, and some placebo pill makes the pain go away.
At the same time, some non-placebo pill, containing scientifically
measurable, statistically valid effects, is given to me, but it does
not make the pain go away.

Guess which pill I'll be taking.

darrell;685968 Wrote:
> I'm sure that many, many manufacturers supply other manufacturers,
> unadvertised, with OEM parts. But you misunderstand me, If I were
> Bryston, and I *knew* that a certain power cable improved the sound of
> my amplifier, I would buy a single example of said power cable and
> reverse engineer it.

You then must be a genius. Reverse engineering some patented feat of
engineering is most certainly easier said than done.

But assuming that it is doable; why would a manufacturer such as
Bryston waste time and funds on doing that when they know that most of
their customers couldn't hear any difference, nor would they care? For
them, at the end of the day, it's all about selling. No one has the
time to devote to the pursuit of truth.

--
magiccarpetride