firedog;686254 Wrote:
> It's pretty clear that as As far as jitter, some DACs handle it better
> than others, but in spite of claims, no DAC "eliminates" it or is
> "immune" to it. With a significantly better source (lower noise or less
> jitter) sent to your DAC, you should hear a difference, assuming
> reasonable ears and audio system. In other words, the digital source
> matters.

You make two statements which are different Firedog. The first one is
purely about jitter, and I disagree with that one. There are DACs that
eliminate jitter e.g. Benchmark. Yes it's a claim as you put it, but
unlike your claim Benchmark publish measurements as evidence for their
claim. (Not that you could publish measurements for every DAC
anyway...)

As for your second statement, which is about "jitter and noise", I
don't know about that area.

Regards, Darren

--
darrenyeats