Worthy tweaks:

1. Read and follow the speaker maker's instructions on placement. Very
few <decent> speakers are designed to sound correct jammed into corners
or close to a back or side wall. If the speakers don't have
instructions, get better speakers. If you are forced to place speakers
based-on aesthetic appeal, you might want to consider what other
compromises you are making in your life.

2. Disengage the "loudness" button and bypass or neutralize any tone
controls or equalizers. "Source" and "Volume" are the only True
Controls. Active equalization in modern sub-woofer applications have an
exemption.

3. If you MUST worry about supply A/C, worry that your supply current
is sufficient and that grounding and polarity are correct. Have an
electrician set a dedicated breaker to your stereo rather than
subscribing to power cable mummery. I have a power amp on the bottom of
my Kappa 9's that was eating 6 amp fast blow fuses faster than a
teenager eats Tic Tacs. When I moved from that house (60 amps total
service/aluminum wiring) to my current home, the cure was effected.

4. Avoid any product containing the word "Monster." Avoid any salesman
or vendor that points, gestures, or suggests any product containing the
word "Monster."

5. If you want to be sure your interconnects are good enough, keep them
away from power cables and you'll be just fine.

6. Rotate your tires.

pski

real stereo doesn't just wake the neighbors, it -enrages- them.. It is
truly the Golden Age of Wireless