Octavist I think many of us understand the concept of jitter and the
complexity.  I'm just thinking pragmatically in terms of what is GOOD
ENOUGH so that it practically does not affect the ability to enjoy
what's there within the limits of the CD or digital download.

Like I say, ABSOLUTE absence of jitter I suspect is impossible, but I
think that already we are at the point where jitter is inaudible.
That's why I would love someone with experience like Paul to chime in
on the question of whether he thinks it's an issue...

BTW isn't jitter in the recording chain potentially a much bigger issue
than in the playback? No matter what we do, if it's engrained in the
music, there's no way to fix...

--
Archimago