Soulkeeper;689046 Wrote:
> I thought most albums were mixed in "critical mode" and mastered in
> "relaxed mode" (or at least -attempted- mastered in "relaxed mode"),
> and that this was why it's considered a good idea to have a different
> person doing the mastering?

But what happens when the mastering engineer/ producer/artists decides
that a change is required?... It's back to the (re)mix! Not everything
can be fixed in mastering... If the vocals are too loud or have too
much reverb etc...
You can do general EQ nd overall dynamic fixes, levels etc... But if a
particular track is causing a problem...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1
DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's,
ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus
Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.