rgro;689183 Wrote:
> According to Wikipedia it's 17.4kHz.  Glad to know there's more than one
> old fart whose ears still work o.k.!

Heh! I bet many still can hear this. Nonetheless i have to admit the
hearing slowly degrades no matter how much i try to guard my ears. Some
things simply donĀ“t jump on me soundwise like before. I was used to hear
several hard to hear glitches in mp3 encoding with ease. The same kind
of glitches become harder for me. Still i can hear up to ~18kHz with my
early 40s.
I sometimes wonder how some of the reviewers that often must be in the
60s claim all kinds of things they still hear.

--
Wombat

Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA
monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers