AlexM;689489 Wrote:
> From the testing I have done, higher CPU utilisation is the result of
> streaming WAVs, and this is primarily the overhead of processing the
> additional packets. // I suggest that reducing the data volume reduces
> the CPU load, so probably best to stay with FLAC.
Interesting observation which shows that unless you make the effort of
understanding the design you may make faulty assumptions on what
operations are the most demanding.
Also, not all kinds of processing is equal from a noise perspective. It
is quite likely that operations that require a few more cpu cycles but
operate largely on cached data would cause less noise on the power
supply than more IO-intensive tasks even though they might not take as
much processing.

--
alfista