soundcheck;689876 Wrote:
> Dear Michael.
>
> Good to see that you're around. I'd expected you to show up much
> earlier to "moderate" this or that.
>
> Just scan this thread only and you'll find numerous insults.
>
> A certain crowd over here seem to have "Narrenfreiheit" and gets away
> with it - All the time - Those people are desctructive and ususally
> never contribute anything valuable.
>
> However.
>
> With MCR or SBGK you IMO picked the wrong ones.
>

> Nasty discussions usually never start by the people who're willing to
> support the community or the ongoing discussions.
>
> If you're continously attacked by the well known hijackers or
> selfacclaimed experts you fight back at a certain point.
>
> Though. Fact is, that things get nasty and escalate due to lack of
> moderation.
>
> That's very much a problem of this forum.
>
> Michael. You're the captain. It's your job to get the pressure out,
> before things escalate.
>
> The right timing is key.
>
> If you bann SBGK for posting his findings or MCR for his famous
> entertaining posts. You have to bann me too for running "my"
> projects.
> And you have to bann all other confirming my or SBGKs or Dynobots or
> John Swensons (to name a few) findings that potentially improve your
> product performance and market penetration.
> I do think we're bringing valuable issues up, that can help you in
> getting better products out.
>
> Bottom Line. I'd like you to get them back in. Look for those who're
> the ones causing the trouble.
>
> I'm sure you'll find them. I'm sure that'll improve the overall climate
> on your site.
>

> THX

I think you miss the point as to why they were likely banned. It was
not because they question how to improve the product or discuss science
or engineering or personal opinion. There are numerous examples of their
use of profanity and personal attacks on others (I can recall one
particularly vile attack on you from SBGK that by itself was worthy of
a ban). These are against the forum rules. And as noted, even by Sean
in the old thread Michael posted, this is not about disagreement, it is
about civility.

--
garym

*Location 1:* VB Appliance 6TB (1.10) > LMS 7.7.1 > Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VB Appliance 3TB (2.0) > LMS 7.7.1 > Touch > Benchmark
DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.7.1 > SqueezePlay
Retired: SB3, Duet Receiver
Controllers: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD & SqueezePad), CONTROLLER,
or SqueezePlay 7.7 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Additional Tagging - mp3tag