Their amps get rave reviews everywhere :( such is the state "
engineering " in high end audio .

This is very common practice, but it was nice of someone to deconstruct
the thing, there is really no way for nuforce to turn they can admit
that they are incompetent or dishonest or both .

As correctly designed stuff is boringly similar in all relevant aspects
there is a strong drive to design stuff to sound "different" . And or
find a formally for very euphonic alterations but that is also a folly
as it would be different for every record.

Add a NOS dac to that with passive I/V stage and tube output :) or was
it not some nutter that designed passive filter  DSD conversion for a
SACD player it sort of works but :-/

The hobby phile may be guilty of pin the emotional content of the music
on the hifi it really comes from the source material .

A honest way to do stuff like this would be to design high quality but
neutral analog electronics which is possible , it has been made for
decades .
Then add all kind of euphonics as software filters that could be turned
on or off or mixed .
And also variable output impedance of the power amp and current
adaptable current limits that could be applied in some arbitrary
impedance points to emulate inability to drive complex loads .
Then have a open source forum for filter development .
Then you could have a QuadII emulator or triode amp emulator or any
kind of hybrid. And if you think your speakers are to dry and boringto
your taste you could have more output impedance on the amp and bingo
now the damping is lower and you get some boom and a mild peak in the
bass .

Hey ? But now I can't kid myself I know what's happening ! There is no
magic just variations in frequency response distortion transfer
functions and impedance and resonance and other boring stuff no magic.

Sorry, fail :-/

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )