mashley;690251 Wrote:
> Extended listening most of the day today - LMS through laptop
> (wirelessly) no crackling whatsoever, have been pushing my speakers
> pretty hard this evening, everything is fine.
> The only time I'm hearing this "crackling" is through the desktop. I'd
> like to try and fix/troubleshoot it but I don't know where to start?
>
> Other than that I'll have to sell it (it works fine except for this)
> and buy another.

OK. Play a track on LMS on the IBM that causes the crackling.
1) is the crackling random? - does it always affect some tracks and
never others?
2) whilst the crackling is happening, turn off the IBM... Don't do a
windows shutdown, just pull the plug or turn off the power supply
switch. This will not harm the computer. Does the crackling stop the
instant that power is removed from the IBM?
3) if the crackling stops immediately when power is removed from IBM
then it probably has a faulty power supply, but...
4) if the crackling continues (and you will have about 20-40 seconds to
check this before the internal Touch buffer empties) pull the Ethernet
plug from Router to Touch. If crackling stops, you may have a faulty
router or more likely a faulty Ethernet cable or possibly a fault on
the Touch itself.

5) do you get crackling if you connect the laptop by a cable instead of
by wireless?

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1
DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's,
ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus
Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.