Phil Leigh;691837 Wrote:
> Ahem...
>
> http://www.itemaudio.com/
> ????

Indeed! Rereading item_audio's posts in the light of the above is
instructive. He is casting doubt on the Touch's abilities as a digital
audio streamer, compared to alternatives which can cost upwards of 10
times more than the Touch, and which he happens to sell.

Fair enough, if item_audio (or anyone else) wants to point to concrete
ways in which the Touch is deficient. But instead, we get pure FUD:
"it's all very complicated, no-one really understands it, perhaps
no-one ever will understand it, so the best we can do is spend a
fortune on engineering solutions to problems which may or may not
exist." This seems to be the line. Mil-spec power supply connectors
indeed!

Item_audio may say here that he agrees that the TAS articles rely too
much on subjective evaluation, but this doesn't stop him quoting
completely subjective twaddle on his web site, from a rave review of
one of his products in Hifi World. Apparently his streamer makes the
Spice Girls listenable!

--
darrell