zenieth;691936 Wrote:
> The IP address that I'm using is that of the Touch. The server IP
> address is not the same as the Touch if that matters at all. I wouldn't
> think so. The transfer protocol is correct per the instructions and I
> have the Remote Login enabled. I don't have any router problems that
> I'm aware of. Maybe I should try it with another PC. I had a new HD
> installed but the operating system is doing everything fine. In fact
> I'm using the same Laptop that I used when I installed 2.0. I never had
> any problems entering the 1234 password then. Everything appears to be
> correct so I will try again tomorrow on another PC. I'll start from
> scratch and report my progress. This shouldn't be so difficult and it
> wouldn't be if I could get past the password issue ........

Hmm . . .

Forgot to ask: is music playing through your Touch? If so, the problem
should not have anything to do with HD or computer. But it's worth a
try with a different PC.

Good luck!

Guido F.

--
guidof

MUSIC ROOM:
Marantz TT 15S1 Turntable, Virtuoso Wood Cartridge->Conrad Johnson
Motif preamp
Oppo BDP-83 Universal Player->Cambridge Azur 840C DAC
Vortexbox Appliance->WiFi Bridge->Squeezebox Touch->Toslink->Cambridge
Azur 840C DAC->Adcom GFP-750 preamp->Music Reference RM-200 Mk II amp
-> Martin Logan SL3s
DSpeaker Antimode 8033->REL T1 Sub
BEDROOM:
Squeezebox Touch (analog out)->Little Dot Mk III amp->AKG K701
headphones
SECOND BEDROOM:
Squeezebox Touch->Grado SR125 headphones